Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Then they forgot me"

Hosea 13:4-6: "But I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt. You shall acknowledge no God but me, no Savior except me. I cared for you in the desert, in the land of burning heat. When I fed them, they were satisfied; when they were satisfied, they became proud; then they forgot me.”

In Hosea 13:4-5, God reminds the people of Israel of five things, “I am the Lord your God”, He brought them out of Egypt, the command to “acknowledge no God but me, no Savior except me”, He took care of them in the desert and fed them and they were satisfied.

God is so good isn’t he? He has blessed us beyond what we deserve. I imagine that most of us reading this article have food, clothes, and shelter. I imagine that most of us have some kind of income or have parents with good jobs that provide an income.
Our God is so good!

We have been blessed to live in United States of America and all of the freedoms we enjoy. We have the freedom to come a building every Sunday and worship our good God. And because we live in this country, we enjoy the luxuries of good medicine, technology, and education.
Our God is so good!

Yet most importantly, we have been set free from sin because of the blood of Jesus Christ. It is because of the death, burial, and resurrection of God’s only Son, Jesus, that we are washed clean of our sins, have hope in eternal glory with the Father, and we can stand before him with confidence on the day of judgment, knowing that we belong to him.
Our God is so good!

And we like the Israelites have been reminded of the same things from Hosea 13:4-5. But a troubling thing happened to them that we need to be warned of today. God said in verse 6,

“When they were satisfied, they became proud; then they forgot me.”

It is hard to imagine that a people who have been incredibly blessed by a God who is so good could actually forget about the One from which the blessings come from. But this is exactly what happened to the Israelites and could very well happen to us to just as easy.

We have been given everything we need by God. Let’s not forget Him.

We have been blessed to live in this country because of God. Let’s not forget Him.

We have forgiveness and are set free from our sins because of God. Let’s not forget Him.

BW

No comments:

Post a Comment